Fanflipped is looking to bring on board an energetic, creative and brand engaging individual to help build our brand and following. If you think you have what it takes and are looking to be part of something great, then this could be for you.
Marketing Social and Digital Media Internship
The Marketing, Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role the development of Fanflipped’s online community. Under the supervision of the Marketing & Communications Administrator, the intern will maintain Fanflipped’s presence on various social media platforms and help create and publish content that is relevant to our customer base. He/she will regularly analyse and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the Fanflipped website. He/she will also assist in maintaining the Fanflipped’s archive of digital images, videos, and other content. The intern will learn how to reach communities, and promote events or programs through the internet and gain experience in social media platforms and the tools used to assess their performance.
• Updates Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
• Responds to posts or comments to bring value to user’s interactions with Fanflipped.
• Posts school news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content from the weekly E-Newsletter. Post and interacts with local or relevant organizations and interest groups.
• Performs research to find articles, stories, resources, or other content that is relevant to our customer base and posts it to our social networks in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
• Updates social media accounts with current and relevant photos, video, or other content from Fanflipped activities and events.
• Grows Fanflipped’s online social networks by increasing fan-base and interactions.
• Maintains current information in Google+, LinkedIn, and Yelp accounts.
• Completes other social media projects as assigned.
• Uploads Fanflipped photos and videos to the appropriate server or Drobox account.
• Organizes digital images according to purpose (print or web) and designated program categories.
• Completes other digital media projects as assigned.
• Regularly observes the online activity of model organizations researches and reports on "social media best practices".
• Completes other research projects as assigned.
Analytics and Reporting
• Uses Google Analytics to assess trends and activity on the Fanflipped website.
• Uses Facebook Insights to assess trends and activity on the Fanflipped Facebook page.
• Under the supervision of the Marketing and Communications Administrator, reviews data on the performance of social media platforms and adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
• Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
• Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing software, and internet browsers.
• Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, LinkedIn, and Google+.
• An interest in live entertainment is preferred but not required.
• Available to work 15-20 hours per week over the course of 5+ weeks.
• Ultimate goal is to create and work a successful campaign from creation to completion.
• This is a great opportunity for a person who wants to work in an energetic environment and have ideas heard by the company's leadership team.